- Downloaded and unzipped the Introduction.zip file and unziped the files to the s: drive. Opened Arcmap and directed the add layers to the s: folder containing cntbnd_jun11 and cities_feb04 shape and then added these layers to the TOC.
- Switched to Layout View and added a Neatline. Zoomed to full extent. Added a scale bar. Added a legend and changed the Legend name to Florida. Added a border, fill color and shade to the legend. Added a North Arrow.
- Re-sized and rearranged map items and exported to S: drive.
- Opened Illustrator and opened the saved Florida Arcmap.
- Selected Fit to Screen in the lower left side of Illustrator
- Spent the next hour organizing the Layers Panel in order to layer the two shape files. End result was: all map items were layered under proper layers by selecting each layer and moving the pertaining items of the layer. Checked for proper orders by highlighting and eyeballing the layer. All worked properly and each item moved together within the map space.
- Added Text for;a title, author and source.
- Exported to jpeg file by selecting File, Save for Web and devices, and renamed.