1) Copied DataEditing.zip from the R: drive and unzipped into my local drive: C:\Users\rwachend\Desktop\UWF\Intro2GIS\Data Editing
2) Dragged GulfCounty_Roads.shp and GulfCounty_Parcels.shp into the map space.
3) Made the Editing toolbar active and clicked “Start Editing” under the Editor menu.
4) Opened the Select by Attributes tool and built a query to select “Parcelno” 03334-00R and 03341-000R from the Parcels shape.
5) Two parcels next to each other were selected. Clicked Merge from the Editor menu. Clicked ok and merged the two parcels together.
6) Opened the attribute table from the parcels shape and edited the column of OWN_NAME to “Gulf County”, OWN_ADDR1 to “1000 5th ST” and city, state were the same.
7) Clicked Save Edits in the Editor menu and the clicked Stop Editing.
8) Ran a Select by Attributes query under the parcels shape for “OWN_NAME”=Gulf County.
9) Exported the selection and named the new layer “CountyOwned.shp”.
10) Opened the attribute table for “CountyOwned.shp” and added a new field of a Double type and named it “Acres”
11) Right clicked the new field and chose Calculate Geometry.
12) Changed the units to Acres US (ac) and clicked OK.
13) Right clicked the Acres field again and chose Field Calculator. Typed the expression: “Round ([Acres], 2) and clicked OK.
14) Opened properties for the CountyOwned layer. Under the Definition Query tab I typed the expression: Acres >=20 and clicked OK.
15) Added the VICD.dbf to the map.
16) Created a Join from the CountyOwned layer joining the VICD Table through the Parcel_ID field.
17) Created a Select Attributes query to select the vacant parcels in the CountyOwned layer.
18) Exported the selected parcel and named it “SuitableParcels.shp.
19) Started another editing session. Selected the GulfCounty_Road> FID of 4168.
20) Double clicked the link and center lined the road feature within the parcel boundaries.
21) Added a new line feature for the missing cul-du-sac. Also found other missing streets and added in line features for them. Plus center lined the main road according to Bing Imagery. Adjusted old road geometry within the suitable parcel, according to Bing Imagery.
22) Adjusted colors of the paved and unpaved roads to suite the proper view.
23) Added all map elements and adjusted proper colors for pleasing view.
24) Saved and exported the map to my local drive as a jpeg.