Sunday, January 15, 2017

Greetings!

Hello, my name is Ross Wachendorf. I live in Dallas Texas. I’m originally from Minneapolis Minnesota. I have lived in Dallas for the past 6 years. I work as a Geographic Analyst for HERE Maps. I’ve been with the company for 8 years. I spent the first 2 years with my company doing street level data collection, traveling throughout the US and Canada. In my current role I maintain a territory for updating our map. My territory starts in Fort Worth and goes though west Texas and into New Mexico, ending at the Arizona border. Within my territory I make sure our map is up to date with the latest construction and new roads. I get to travel throughout my territory, which is the best part of the job. I’ve gone places I’d never thought I’d go.

I use Arc skills quite a lot within my job. We acquire source data which goes though quality and conversion processing for implementation into our map. Most of the data comes from local city, county and state GIS departments usually in shapefile or geodatabase format. We verify a variety of datasets in order to do quality checks and conversion. This has greatly kept my Arc skills up. I however want to build my Arc and GIS skills further, in order to keep up with the modern demand of the work place. So I hope to gain many more skills from taking the GIS certification program.
program.
Please see my story map here: My Story Map

No comments:

Post a Comment